Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] 4.8.5 + TimeMachine = Disk identity changed on every connect, cannot backup

I spent two days looking for the solution. And yet I have  workaround. In first time make backup with AFP. After this you can stop AFP and switch to SAMBa and TimeMachine backup works.

    Regards
                    Dan

Hi,

I configured Samba 4.8.5 on Debian (Buster)  with vfs_fruit as a TimeMachine destination and while it detects it and does the initial backup to some extent (30GB out of 200GB),
TimeMachine then fails with a message about the disk identity having changed.
Options are “don’t backup” and “backup anyway”. When using “backup anyway”, the backup creates a secondary sparse image and starts from scratch, and won’t even touch the existing sparse image.

    My Mac is running in VirtualBox. I have using latest beta Mojave. I only found one person with same problem. I don't know if problem is in Mac or Samba.
If I use the same Mac over AFP backing up works.

    Regards  Dan

--
Mydatex s r.o.
http://www.mydatex.cz