Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] samba4.8.x machine account authentication using NetJoinDomain failed

On Thu, 20 Sep 2018 16:36:06 +0800 (CST)
Ryan <ryanyang51@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Maybe as you said I was lucky before. Then if I have a computer
> account in my domain, how can I get this computer authencated in
> domain as I did before? Does the NetJoinDomain work either? Because I
> just try to create a computer account using RSAT, but use it to
> authencate with the domain by NetJoinDomain ,  which failed. Or how
> to offline domain join in samba4.9.0?

Just having a computer account in AD isn't sufficient, you must join
the computer to the domain.

As far as I can see, the only real reason for pre-creating a computer
account is to have the computer in a different OU from the default.