Web lists-archives.com

[Samba] [SOLVED] Samba 4: 'Access denied' error when accessing user profile during logon

Hello,

Looks like the solution was rather simple.

If user profile matching OS doesn't yet exist, Windows attempts to create one under '[profiles]'. I.e., for user 'username' Windows 7 will attempt to create [profiledir]\username.V2

If it can't create that directory, 'Access denied' is written to system event log and a temporary profile is created.

The solution (following the default how-to directories structure):

# chmod g+w /srv/samba/profiles

The hint posted in

https://windowsserveressentials.com/2011/02/25/quick-fix-access-denied-to-romaing-profile-windows-7/

Note: taking the above into account, I believe that corresponding section (Using POSIX ACLs) should be updated in

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Roaming_Windows_User_Profiles

namely, replace

# chmod 1750 /srv/samba/profiles/

with