Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] 4.6.16 on CentOS 6: network browsing doesn't work

On Tue, 18 Sep 2018 12:22:02 +0100 (BST)
Tom Yates via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I've got a Samba DC installation that doesn't show a browse list to
> any clients on the network, which means point-and-click navigation of
> the network doesn't work.  File sharing works just fine, as does
> joining computers to the domain, login authentication, etc.  It's
> just the ability to browse lists of other machines on the network
> that doesn't work: clients see nothing.

You better get used to this, you need SMB1 for browsing and it is not
the default any more. Microsoft has turned it off in win10 and whilst
you can turn it back on, if it isn't used for some time, it gets turned
off again.