Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Share cannot be accessed when samba is in Domain with security enabled

On Tue, 18 Sep 2018 07:56:43 +0100
Rowland Penny via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Begin forwarded message:
>
> Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2018 22:36:21 -0500 (CDT)
> From: shivappa Sangapur via samba-technical
> <samba-technical@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> To: samba-technical@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Share cannot be accessed when samba is in Domain with
> security enabled
>

> Hi,
>
> I'm using samba-4.7.4.
> I have put my samba server in Domain. (Not using winbind) using NT
> domain with user test.
> /etc/password has 'test' user and pdbedit shows only 'test' user,
> since I've joined this samba server to Windows domain.
> domain server is Win2k12 R2.
> In windows domain server,
> I have enabled "Microsoft network client: Digitally sign
> communications (Always)" in domain Policy.
>
> I logged as 'Administrator' to Windows domain server PC and
> I tried to access share of my samba server(samba-4.7.4) from windows
> domain, but i get below error.
> *"The account is not authorized to login from this station"*
>
> Any idea why so ?
>
> If I joined my other Windows 7 PC to domain using domain user 'test2'
> and access samba-4.7.4 share,
> same error occurs.
> If I joined my other Windows 7 PC to domain using domain user 'test'
> and access samba-4.7.4 share,
> the share access successfully.
>
> test,test2 have full rights as domain users, Administrator and
> etc.....
>
> Any suggestions ??

OK, as I said yesterday it sounds like you are running an NT domain on
a win2k12R2 server, this isn't possible, so it sounds like a
misconfiguration somewhere.

Please post your smb.conf

Post it here on the 'samba' mailing list, not on the 'samba technical'
list, that is not the correct place to post this type of question.

I think I know what your problem is, but until I see your smb.conf, I
cannot be sure.

Rowland Penny
Samba team member