Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Network Meltdown after Samba 4.9.0 Upgrade

On 15/09/2018 10:44 pm, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
On Sat, 2018-09-15 at 12:52 +1000, Reuben Farrelly via samba wrote:

The system is a Gentoo Linux x86_64 kept very up to date.  The server
is
a VM which has one interface that has 4 IPv4 and IPv6 addresses on
it,
as well as a second vNIC (currently used for backups only with no
hosts
on it right now).

Can anyone please assist in getting to the bottom of what appears to
be
a nasty bug?  I'm keen to work on getting to the root cause of this.

Can you try reverting 3a383038ee7f74e5a9d2326a761b27950a14eb83?

nmbd does not change much, and this is one of the few changes between
4.8 and 4.9.

I've attached such a revert (it probably won't go to list recipients)
for your testing.

Thanks,

Andrew Bartlett

Cool. That seems to have fixed things both in the scenario of "domain master = yes" set (my initial config) as well as the case of that parameter now not explicitly defined.

In both cases Samba now starts up normally and uneventfully.

Thanks,
Reuben