Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Network Meltdown after Samba 4.9.0 Upgrade

> It is undoubtedly for a 'standalone server', so why does it also have
> the line 'domain master = Yes' ??
> It cannot be both, I would suggest removing this line.
>
> Rowland

Rowland,

  domain master=yes used to be standard for stand-alone to cause nmbd claim a
special domain specific NetBIOS name as a domain master browser (based on the
os level/preferred master election rules)

  man smb.conf does not mention any discontinuation for use in stand-alone
mode. Should it not be used any longer in that role, or is it a matter of
network scale?

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.