Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] lmdb requirement for AD DC

On Thu, 2018-09-13 at 17:54 +0100, miguel medalha wrote:

> > > Did you specify --without-ldb-ldmb?
> Nope. I didn't specify "–enable-selftest" either. The default for
> this option being "no", why does "configure" stop after complaining
> that  "–enable-selftest" requires lmdb? Maybe I'm just being
> stupid... It happens.

As I said, the message is wrong, because the rules changed late in the
review process and:
 - nobody picked that up at the time or in the month before Samba
4.9.0rc1.
 - (apparently) almost nobody built Samba as an AD DC during the past
two months of release candidates.

The correct message for the rule is Samba's AD DC (unless --without-
ldb-lmdb) requires lmdb 0.9.16 or later.

Sorry,

Andrew Bartlett