Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] design question for small environment

On Wed, 12 Sep 2018 13:33:15 -0400
Gaiseric Vandal via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> As the unix servers  running linux (I know some people wouldn't call
> that real unix) or a "real" unix like Solaris ?
>
> Linux has sssd which can make things simpler.

Just how does sssd make thing simpler ?
Properly set up, winbind can do the same authentication that sssd can.
Or are you thinking of sudo ?, well sudo itself can talk to AD, or what
about autofs ? again this can talk to AD. No, you do not need the
red-hat tools at all.

> In either case you probably need a proxy account for the unix system
> to retrieve user and group info (not passwords) via LDAP.

No, you just need to set up pam correctly, which is easy on debian,
just install libpam_krb5