Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Replace old AD to new

Hi,

In my case, there are lot off issue with my old server. not able to join my
windows clients to domain using old server. Thats why I have setup new
server with same domain, manually create all the users in it.

And now I wanna put new to network and remove old.

On Tue, Sep 11, 2018 at 12:47 PM Oliver Rath via samba <
samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Vivek,
>
> the standard way is to connect the new server to the old one as backup
> mirror, syncing the new one with the data of the old and - if this is
> finished - to remove the old one, so that the new mirror becomes the
> standard AC DC.
>
> Hth,
>
> Oliver
>

> On 11.09.2018 09:12, Vivek Patil via samba wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I have samba AD domain (mydomain.com). And my 60 windows clients are
> joined
> > to it. Now I have setup a AD DC with the same name (mydomain.com). New
> > domain has same IP, name as old.
> >
> > Now I want to remove old server and put new server to network. How my
> > windows clients can authenticate with new domain without changing user
> > profile?
> >

> --

Vivek Patil
Assistant Manager - IT
Forgeahead Solutions
vivek.patil@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
*O* +91 (0) 20 66 44 5900  |  *M *+91 9579 216 049
601 Zero One, Level 6, Mundhwa, Pune 411036, Maharashtra, India
*W* forgeahead.io  *IN *linkedin.com/company/forgeahead-solutions

--
Email Disclaimer: *http://www.forgeahead.io/disclaimer/
<http://www.forgeahead.io/disclaimer/>*