Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] design question for small environment

I cannot think of any other way of not using passwords.

I won't get a third server for doing so. It could be a VM or
container, though.

OK, because you only have so few users, use the DC as a fileserver ?

yes, optional.

Maybe even better: the 2nd server (backup) as DC, as it isn't used as fileserver in regular operation.

That 2nd server more or less idles all day long and only rsyncs data over every hour or so ... it only gets busy in the evening, pulling VM-backups, doing backups etc