Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] design question for small environment

Hi Stefan, I would set up a small AD domain, one DC, and turn the two
original servers into Unix domain members and then use kerberos.

I cannot think of any other way of not using passwords.

I won't get a third server for doing so. It could be a VM or container, though.

For now we discussed simply editing the batchfile to not contain the passwords and the users have to enter their (strong) pw at connection time.

Maybe set "/persistent: no" as well.

This would improve things, no readable passwords on the client anymore.