Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Migration samba 3 to 4

Le 06/09/2018 à 11:44, Rowland Penny via samba a écrit :
On Thu, 6 Sep 2018 11:08:21 +0200
Philippe Maladjian via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Before the classicupdate on my ldap I can change the rootdn to match
my.domain and not domain.fr?
I suppose you could try it, dump the entire ldap to an ldif, manually
change all 'dc=domain,dc=fr' to 'dc=my,dc=domain'. You would then have
to move the old ldap out of the way and add your new ldif to ldap.
Change your smb.conf to match. This could sort your ldap problem
(don't know, never tried it), not sure what you may have to do to
Samba, or how you would do it, again because I have never tried to do
this.

Rowland
I test this solution:

slapcat> export.ldif
edit export.ldif to change the rootdn and all references to the old rootdn
cp -a /var/lib/ldap/DB_CONFIG /root
rm -rf /var/lib/ldap/ *
slapadd [...] -u -l export.ldif
vim /etc/openldap/slapd.conf to change the old rootdn
start ldap

For now I'm blocking slapadd. I continue my tests and I will give the result.

Philippe.