Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Migration samba 3 to 4

On Wed, 5 Sep 2018 11:42:04 +0200
Philippe Maladjian via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm testing with this link but i'have the same error.
>
> # samba-tool domain classicupgrade --dbdir=/root/samba3/dbdir/
> --realm=dom.hilaire
> --dns-backend=SAMBA_INTERNAL /root/samba3/etc/smb.conf

Okay, you have these in your smb.conf:

         workgroup = MY.DOMAIN
         passdb backend = ldapsam:ldap://ldap2.my.domain

You have this error message:

Failed to connect to ldap URL 'ldap://ldap2.MYDOMAIN' - LDAP client
internal error: NT_STATUS_BAD_NETWORK_NAME

Is this bad sanitisation ?

Does the workgroup 'MY.DOMAIN' actually have a dot in it ?
Why is the upgrade reading 'ldap2.my.domain' as 'ldap2.MYDOMAIN' ?
Is the old ldap server still running and accessible ?
Can you post the ldap object for 'Domain Users'
What is the DNS domain name of the computer you are running the upgrade
on.