Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Server-Side Copy Offload Limitations

On Mon, Sep 03, 2018 at 12:25:16PM +0200, Adam Błaszczykowski via samba wrote:
Server-Side Copy Offload wiki page states in Limitations section that

  - Both source and destination files must reside on the same Samba share!

I was able to copy file between different shares located on the same zfs
Pool without generating network traffic. Shares were created on Debian 8
with zfs filesystem and client was Windows Server 2016 machine mapping
shares as separate drives. Is it new functionality or I'm misunderstanding
something about server-side copy?

it's new functionality that has been added in 4.6.

-slow

--
Ralph Boehme, Samba Team       https://samba.org/
Samba Developer, SerNet GmbH   https://sernet.de/en/samba/