Re: [Samba] winbindd stop respondig
- Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2018 22:20:35 +0200
- From: Harry Jede via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [Samba] winbindd stop respondig
Hi Jamie Jackson,
this thread is very long and does not come up with an idea how to make
winbindd work. So i will give you two hints (just my own expierience):
1. check that winbind resolve all groups and all group members. Failures
happen if uidnumber/gidnumber is not set.
2. I assume you have more then one DC. Then compare the idmap.ldb.
They differ in content over time. Theire are xid numbers stored. A xid can
be a uidnumber, a gidnumber ore both.
After this is done:
"net cache flush" on all samba and/or winbindd machines or restart them.
> Hi folks,
> Every couple days any one of my project's 10 or so RHEL VMs can't be
> logged into with a domain account (active directory integration). Our
> admin goes in with a local account and restarts winbind to fix it.
> I'd like to be more proactive and, say, create a cron job to detect a
> problem and then restart winbind.
> Does anybody have a recipe for this? If not, do you have any
> suggestions as to how I can begin to figure out how to detect the
To unsubscribe from this list go to the following URL and read the