Web lists-archives.com

[Samba] Samba4 creating users

Hello,

I'm wanting to get samba4 going on my Raspberry Pi so it can act as a
NAS. The Pi is running the latest Raspian distro and the samba
installed is 4.5, 8, or 9, don't have that in front of me.

>From my reading I understood that samba4 did not require each samba
user to have a Unix account, but when doing

smbpasswd -a username

was told that I needed a local account. This is going to be a
standalone network server, with wins going, clients are win10 machines
and some android tablets and phones none of them running anything less
than android 7.x.

Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks.
Dave.