Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] winbindd crashing -- how to auto-heal?

On Mon, 3 Sep 2018 18:28:36 +0200
Luca Olivetti via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> El 3/9/18 a les 17:48, Rowland Penny via samba ha escrit:
> > Then put up with winbind dying on a regular basis.
>
> That's not because smbd is not running.

No, it probably isn't, it is probably because winbind is running as a
single process and I have asked the rest of the Samba team why. Debian
runs it as a deamon and I haven't heard of problems (awaits a deluge of
'winbind' keeps dying on my PC) from Debian users.