Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] winbindd crashing -- how to auto-heal?

El 3/9/18 a les 15:23, Robert Marcano via samba ha escrit:

I run this cron job every minute. Winbind usually crashes once or twice a day

#!/bin/bash
getent group | grep -q 513 && exit 0
echo "restarting winbind"
systemctl restart winbind

If the failure is a full daemon crash and not some kind of internal failure, you can edit the service unit file (systemd) and add a restart mode

# systemctl edit winbind

   [Service]
   Restart=on-failure

In my case the daemon doesn't crash, it just stops resolving (some) groups.
In any case the above check covers both cases.

Bye
--
Luca Olivetti
Tel. +34 93 5883004 (Ext.3010)  Fax +34 93 5883007