Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] winbindd crashing -- how to auto-heal?

El 3/9/18 a les 11:16, Rowland Penny via samba ha escrit:

Why isn't 'smbd' running ?

I'm also *not* running smbd, that's because, according to https://www.samba.org/samba/docs/current/man-html/smbd.8.html, "smbd — server to provide SMB/CIFS services to clients".
I'm not providing any SMB/CIFS service to clients.

Is 'nmbd' running ?

https://www.samba.org/samba/docs/current/man-html/nmbd.8.html

"NetBIOS name server to provide NetBIOS over IP naming services to clients".

I don't need that either.

Why aren't you running 'winbind' as a daemon ?
Why do feel you don't need a process group for winbind ?

That doesn't apply here (it's running as a daemon, I didn't really investigated how my distro decided to start the service, as long as it starts I'm fine).

Bye
--
Luca Olivetti
Tel. +34 93 5883004 (Ext.3010)  Fax +34 93 5883007