Web lists-archives.com

[Samba] Moving from Structured to Object Oriented

Dear Devels,

I am not aware whether this topic was discussed earlier or not.

But it was on my mind from quite few days so ..

Are we planning for movement of samba from C to C++ or other OOP language.

If not why, reasons of yes I find quite a few...

  * C++ is a highly portabl/e/ language and is often the language of
    choice for multi-device, multi-platform app development.
  * C++ is an object-oriented programming language/ /and includes
    classes, inheritance, polymorphism, data abstraction and encapsulation.
  * C++ has a rich function library.
  * C++ allows exception handling, and function overloading which are
    not possible in C.
  * C++ is a powerful, efficient and fast language. It finds a wide
    range of applications – from GUI applications to 3D graphics for
    games to real-time mathematical simulations.

Though C has advantages over C++, But C++ is evolving.

--
Thanks
Amit Kumar