Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] winbindd crashing -- how to auto-heal?

El 2/9/18 a les 10:39, Rowland Penny via samba ha escrit:

All of this is just a sticking plaster on the problem, if winbind is
crashing on a regular basis, we need to know this and will need
level 10 logs, debug info etc. Without this info, it will never get
fixed.

Meanwhile, I need my server to keep running, so the plaster looks fine.
Besides, winbind isn't crashing, just stops resolving some groups/users.
I have several domain members and this is the only one that does it, but that's probably because it's our mail server and it is constantly authenticating users and resolving groups.

However, it may have already been fixed in a later version, so if you
can upgrade and use a version that isn't experimental (This means, do
not try to run a DC on red-hat using MIT)

This is a different distro (mageia 6), a different version of samba (4.6.12), not a dc but a domain member and I will stick to what the distro provides.

Bye
--
Luca Olivetti
Tel. +34 93 5883004 (Ext.3010)  Fax +34 93 5883007