Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] winbindd crashing -- how to auto-heal?

El 1/9/18 a les 03:03, Jamie Jackson via samba ha escrit:
Hi folks,

Every couple days any one of my project's 10 or so RHEL VMs can't be logged
into with a domain account (active directory integration). Our admin goes
in with a local account and restarts winbind to fix it.

I'd like to be more proactive and, say, create a cron job to detect a
problem and then restart winbind.

Does anybody have a recipe for this? If not, do you have any suggestions as
to how I can begin to figure out how to detect the problem?

I run this cron job every minute. Winbind usually crashes once or twice a day

#!/bin/bash
getent group | grep -q 513 && exit 0
echo "restarting winbind"
systemctl restart winbind

Bye
--
Luca Olivetti
Tel. +34 93 5883004 (Ext.3010)  Fax +34 93 5883007