Web lists-archives.com

[Samba] winbindd crashing -- how to auto-heal?

Hi folks,

Every couple days any one of my project's 10 or so RHEL VMs can't be logged
into with a domain account (active directory integration). Our admin goes
in with a local account and restarts winbind to fix it.

I'd like to be more proactive and, say, create a cron job to detect a
problem and then restart winbind.

Does anybody have a recipe for this? If not, do you have any suggestions as
to how I can begin to figure out how to detect the problem?

Thanks,
Jamie