Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Jessie And Stretch samba 4.8.5 ( help/test wanted ) (amd64/i386)

Am 27.08.2018 um 15:55 schrieb L.P.H. van Belle via samba:
  Hai,

I've updated the stretch-experimental line now so you can safely test 4.8.5.
Im expecting to move these in 2-3 days to the -samba48 repo.

Buildlogs.
http://downloads.van-belle.nl/samba4/Buildlogs/jessie-experimental/
http://downloads.van-belle.nl/samba4/Buildlogs/stretch-experimental/

Install:
wget -O - http://apt.van-belle.nl/louis-van-belle.gpg-key.asc | apt-key add -

Jessie:
echo "deb http://apt.van-belle.nl/debian jessie-experimental main contrib non-free" | sudo tee -a /etc/apt/sources.list.d/van-belle.list

Stretch:
echo "deb http://apt.van-belle.nl/debian stretch-experimental main contrib non-free" | sudo tee -a /etc/apt/sources.list.d/van-belle.list

My first tests look good, but if anyone could test some packages also, would be nice.

Samba 4.7.10, is next to come and then i hope to make some time for 4.9rc.

Greetz,

Louis

Hello Louis,

Tested your packages in two stretch nspawn containers one running as ad and one as an fileserver. So far i have not found any issues.
I can logon with an windows 7 client and my mail and sogo servers can still authenticate ad users.
Started the test environment with your 4.8.3 packages a few weeks ago.
Is there anything special i can test?

Achim~