Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Renaming a folder while other smbd-users have files opened

Am 28.08.18 um 19:05 schrieb Stefan G. Weichinger via samba:

I have never tried it, but you could probably do it, if you use Windows
ACL's, where there is 'delete subfolders & files' and you can deny this.
You would probably have to ignore the Unix attrs with 'acl_xattr:ignore
system acls = yes'

We will test that with a separate testing share asap.
Thanks.

aside from that I think of enabling vfs_audit there ... to be able to spot the user who actually *did* that rename operation ;-)

(I know the "user11" from today already)

Is it much of a performance hit?