Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Renaming a folder while other smbd-users have files opened

Am 28.08.18 um 18:16 schrieb Ralph Böhme:
On Tue, Aug 28, 2018 at 04:37:51PM +0200, Stefan G. Weichinger via samba wrote:
why does that work? why isn't that blocked/forbidden/not allowed?

because you didn't know of the "strict rename" parameter which defaults to false for reasons explained in the manpage. :)

thanks for the pointer, read the section right now and it sounds valid ... although I still wonder if I can avoid having users do that by setting ACLs?

Is it possible to allow them read/write "Daten/client[abc]" but not rename "Daten", for example?

It happened for the first time since over 16 yrs or so, to be fair ;-)