Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Upgrading from 4.5 to 4.8

Depends on the os in my opinion.

This is debian based, but it shows a bit where you need to look at for debian/ubuntu based systems.
http://downloads.van-belle.nl/samba4/Upgrade-info.txt
My last upgrades from 4.5 to 4.6 to 4.7 to 4.8 worked flawless.

And It might help if you tell the os your running and if you using sources or packages for the upgrade.
Because if its RH or Centos, then you need someone else to tell there experiance.

Greetz,

Louis