Re: [Samba] multiple passdb backends for standalone fileserver?
- Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2018 18:02:32 +0200
- From: Harry Jede via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [Samba] multiple passdb backends for standalone fileserver?
Am Montag, 20. August 2018, 16:43:24 CEST schrieb Matthias Leopold via
> i (naively) would like to have local AND ldap users (and groups...) on
> my standalone fileserver (security = user). "passdb backend =
> ldapsam" already works OK and i found some old posts on the internet
> about "chaining" passdb backends.
Round about 12 years ago "chaining passdb backends" was removed! But
their are other possibilities:
1. You can map local unix users and groups to their windows entrys.
2. You can use winbind's idmap feature; obey the "idmap ranges" and
honor that the syntax has changed several times.
Just read the man pages of the samba version you are using!!! before
searching the web.
> so i tried "chaining" ldapsam and
> tdbsam, but although testparm doesn't complain and i can add local
> users with "pdbedit -b tdbsam" this setup doesn't actually work (ldap
> users are found, local are not)
> is this supposed to work? are there other ways to achieve this?
> samba version: 4.7.1 (on CentOS)
To unsubscribe from this list go to the following URL and read the