Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Can't connect after Ubuntu 18.04.1 Upgrade???

TRvs> I have a server which we use for backing up files.
TRvs> Noticed there was an upgrade available to 18.04.1.
TRvs> Now I cannot connect to from my win7 machine to the Ubuntu share.
TRvs> Any thoughts on what would have changed???
TRvs> Tom

It could be a host of things...
What is the current configuration?
AD server, stand-alone Samba CIFS share, etc?

One issue with 18.04 and Samba AD is that Systemd.resolved and the internal samba DNS server conflict with each other. [Just one example.]
Knowing a bit more about your configuration will be helpful in giving more useful answers.

And have you checked the logs?
Any error messages?

Descriptions like: "It don't work no more." are not very helpful in general - there's so many ways it could be broken. We can't realistically list them all.

-Greg