Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Is there a limit on Number of users connecting share

On Mon, 20 Aug 2018 14:37:32 +0530
Amit via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> >> Query:
> >> 1. Is there a limit on max number of connections to share? There
> >> must be what's the max? 2. Is using force user, force group good
> >> option here? 3. Is there limit on max number of files opened, Can
> >> this issue be related to this? 4. Why in failing case it checking
> >> 'home dir, Printers'?
> >>

> > I think we need more info here:
> >
> > What are the clients ?    Windows-7,10 machines
> >
> > It looks like they are all using the same username to connect to
> > the share, is this correct ? Yes (catuser)
> >
> > If it is correct, are they all using the same password ? yes
> >
> > Is this standalone server in an AD domain ?  Standalone server

That doesn't answer the question, it just confirms what is already
know. What are the other machines in ? A workgroup, an NT4-style
domain, or an AD domain.

> > Do the clients that don't work have NTLMv1 turned off ?  This i
> > need to enquire, But I think No. Beacause issue happens randomly on
> > any of clients when connections reaches > 200 or so.

This would suggest that NTLMv1 isn't the problem, you could try
investigate setting 'max smbd processes' in smb.conf, see 'man
smb.conf' for more info.

>From the number of users you say you have, it would probably be better
to run your standalone server as a Unix domain member.