Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] explorer.exe crashes on security tab access

On Fri, 17 Aug 2018 09:56:32 -0400
Glenn Bergeron <glenn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> This is a long-standing issue going back at least a year from what I
> can see in mailing list archives.
>
> Still not working as of Samba 4.8.3. I think MS broke something with
> one of the Windows 10 updates.
> In my situation, this is a brand-new 4.8.3 install. For me the
> crashes happen when I try to edit the share folder permissions right
> out of the box from whatever Samba set in there by default.

Samba doesn't set the share folder permissions, the sysadmin does,
unless you are referring to sysvol & netlogon and in this case, the
permissions set do not cause the problem.

It doesn't actually seem to be the permissions that are the problem, it
seems to be what is set on the share directory.