Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Dual headed DC

I know you say two IP ranges, but are you also thinking of two dns
domains ?

No: one DNS domain.

If you are only going to have one dns domain, then it should work, you
will just have to create the required reverse zones and you will
probably be better off using Bind9 instead of the internal dns server.

Why?
I'm using internal DNS right now; why would I be "better off" with Bind9? What are the shortcomings of interna DNS?

You will also probably be better off using 'sites' with at least one DC
in each site.

Is this really needed?
Consider my "sites" would both be local and I would only have one physical server facing both VLANs.

In any case, do you have a pointer to some documentation I can use (especially WRT to DNS)?

 bye & Thanks
	av.