Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] using Windows AD unwanted Group rights get applied to new Files

> Then the users primary group is 'Domain Users' and this is what Unix
> will use to create files/folders

That's not what I am looking at right now. The files and folders appear as follows:

Owner: the user
Group: the user's group, as defined in "Primary group", not the group corresponding to "Domain users"

Now, if I go to ADUC and change the user's primary group to "Domain users", and then create new files and folders, I get:

Owner: the user
Group: the group corresponding to "Domain users"