Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Add a new template for GPO Administration

> Good Evening!
> How Can I add a new template for GPO policy in Samba4, where a user can open
> any web browser (Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, Opera, etc.) and have a
> Default home page?
>
> Thanks!
> José Fermín Francisco Ferreras Registered User #579535 (LinuxCounter.net)

This is not strictly a samba issue - it's the same for pure Windows-only domains.  As you will have noted, the Microsoft-supplied GPO templates support only Internet Explorer and Edge.  To support other web browsers you need the ADM templates for these.  One such source for Firefox and Chrome can be found by following the instructions here:  https://4sysops.com/archives/group-policy-for-firefox-and-chrome/

A web search may find the ADM templates for other browsers.

HTH,
Roy