Web lists-archives.com

[Samba] Setting up new samba-ac-dc on Ubuntu 18.04 - KDC not FOUND

I have been running a small domain for years. I finally decided to move the domain to ad. I am also upgrading the server from Ubuntu i6.04 LTS to 18.04 LTS

I installed the new server on a new RAID array and loaded the Ubuntu LAMP stack. I installed samba. I have gone through a few tutorials which offer differing recommendation on some things. All were based on either Debian or Ubuntu.

I seem to have successfully provisioned the DC but I cannot contact the kerberos KDC
The /etc/krb5.conf contains:
{libdefaults]
        default_realm = ORLEANS.STEINMETZNET.COM
        dns_lookup_realm = false
        dns_lookup_kdc = true
kinit returns server not found.
$ kinit administrator@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
kinit: Cannot find KDC for realm "ORLEANS.STEINMETZNET.COM" while getting initial credentials
Some of the other suggested test seem to work but give somewhat different results than the examples, particularly the smbclient tests.

I've searched around the net for a solution but haven't come up with one yet.
Can I simply remove the Samba database files and re-provision the DC?