Web lists-archives.com

[Samba] Peculiar Problem with DNS

Hi,

I have hit a very peculiar problem with DNS.

We are using BIND9 as DNS with Samba (Ver 4.7.5). Off late we added a new A record into one of the Zones using RSAT. It is not visible either through RSAT or when we query using samba-tool. We search using RSAT or samba-tool, it results in '0' matches.

However, when we attempt make a new entry with same name and IP, it reports an error "Record already exists". But we attempt to delete using samba-tool (RSAT since it is not visible, we cannot do anything), it reports '0' matching record.

We checked in all 4 Domain Controllers, it is the same result.

We add any other record, it works just fine, we are able to see it in RSAT and samba-tool also reports & works properly. Just this record, is throwing up an peculiar error.

Is there a method we search for this record in the database and remove it?

--

Thanks & Regards,

Anantha Raghava