Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] NT_STATUS_NO_MEMORY accessing a DC shared resource

Your glasses (or lack of) ;-)
I usually agree, but in this case I've seen that warning and voluntarily ignored it because it worked for 2 days...
I thought I was lucky ;-)

Or to put it another way, you must set the permissions from Windows

This is one of the problems/features of using a DC as a fileserver.

Remove everything after the 'read only = No' line and read this:

I've changed smb.conf as suggested, then changed permissions from Linux (Windows Explorer gave access denied when enumerating object content):

# setfacl -m "default:group:SAMDOM:rwx" /
# setfacl -m "group:SAMDOM\Domain Admins:rwx" /
# ... restricted access at minimum ...
# setfacl -m "default:other::" /
# setfacl -m "other::" /

Now the share works and I can edit/copy/delete files without issues.

There's a last thing I'd like to fix:
when I create a new file, it got created with these permissions:

-----
# ls -l
-rwxrwx---+   1 3000000 users     0 Jul  5 15:11 'New text document.txt'*
-----

Is there a way to force it being created with root:root as owner and possibly with more strict permissions (I'm scared I'll forgot the permission issue in the near future)?

Rowland, thanks for your help and patience ;-)