Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] client @0x7f6ed800bc20 172.16.5.86#62582: update 'campus.company.intra/IN' denied

On Tue, 3 Jul 2018 21:53:35 -0300
Elias Pereira <empbilly@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> @Rowland Penny <rpenny@xxxxxxxxx>
>
> The link below indicates that the error message may come from windows
>
> "In the default configuration a Windows client will try to register
> its name with A record in the DNS domain it thinks it belongs to."
> https://docs.menandmice.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=6360958
>
> Tomorrow I'll create a GPO to disable this option. Do you think it is
> safe to disable this option in windows?
> https://dougrathbone.com/blog/2010/02/23/stopping-windows-from-updating-dynamic-dns

Which is sort of what I have been trying to tell you, but I wasn't 100%
certain, mainly because of the way you posted 'snippets' of logs. I
think if you examine the logs correctly, you we see that the records
are being updated by something and then being denied (because they have
already been updated) from the clients (or it could be the opposite way
round), I don't know because I haven't seen all your logs.