Web lists-archives.com

[Samba] Default domain other than joined domain of a domain member

Hi,

is there a way to use "winbind use default domain = yes" with a trusted domain and not with the domain the domain member was joined?

We have a child- or subdomain (sub.example.com) where all our computers are joined and most of the users are from the parent domain (example.com). So "sub" is the default domain and right now all users have to login with "example\username". This is a problem for some commercial software we are using, which do not work when a back slash is in the username. We can change the winbind separator to "+" but in this case users have to login with "example+username" in case of linux domain members and "example\username" in case of windows domain members. So it would be nice to be able to login with just the username in case of "example"-domain users.

--
Regards,
Andreas Hauffe