Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Active directory sites & subnets

On 6/27/2018 11:44 AM, Elias Pereira via samba wrote:
Hello,

Reading about, specifically in the wiki
<https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Active_Directory_Sites> link, says the
following about subnets.

"Create a subnet entry for all subnets in your network and assign them to a
site:"

The subnet on which our DCs are configured is a public IP block, but the
client machines are in a subnet with a private address block.

Do I need to configure all the subnets that we have in our network or only
to which the DCs are configured?

You should add all your subnets in your network. If you have hundreds of subnets, just use a CIDR notation such as ie., 10.0.0.0/8 if needed, so as to not type them all out. For DC's that are not present on a subnet, assign the subnet to the closet site to a DC.

--

-JAMES