Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] IDMAP Cache

Hello,

> I think the bigger question is, why are you trying to run a
> standalone server as some form of domain member ?

That's a complicated thing... our company have an AD and
we also run a lot samba servers integrated in the AD without any problems

This is special server, running as "bridge server" between different
companies (~ 5.000 users). Not all companies have an AD and a trusts between
companies that have an AD are not possible (unwanted by Management/IT).

So that are the reasons why I'm ask all that. This server is not my
decision and the
support for such constellation is not fun for me ...

Thanks Meike