Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] hosts allow option is not applaying without restart smbd

On Thu, 21 Jun 2018 15:52:31 +0200
"L.P.H. van Belle via samba" <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hai,
>
> As Harald showed, this is a known thing, this did hit samba, after
> the multi threaded support. See also : systemctl cat smbd.service
> For what works what not.
>
> For a reload the kill -HUP MAINPID is, as i know, the only thing that
> works atm.
>
> Is this a AD DC  or a member? ( sorry didnt follow the complet thread
> ) this catch my eye just now. Imo, for a member it should work, but
> i've not tried it.

This is what I was trying to get at, it sort of defeats the object if
you have to stop smbd to reload the config, you might just as well
restart smbd instead.

If it doesn't work, we need level 10 logs and a bug report, or it will
never get fixed.