Web lists-archives.com

[Samba] Missing DNS entry in an AD-DC provision.

Hi Rowland,

I'm here at the Microsoft plugfest trying to help
a vendor join a Samba AD-DC (I just did a standard
local provision on my laptop using the internal DNS
server).

They fail due to looking for a DNS name of:

 _ldap._tcp.dc._msdcs.sambadom.example.com

(I provisioned with the standard realm name
of sambadom.example.com).

Should we be creating this record on provision ?
It seems that a Windows AD-DC responds to this
so I'm guessing yes.

Sorry for being so clueless but I'm a bit out
of my depth when outside of fileserver-world :-).

Jeremy.