Web lists-archives.com

[Samba] Questions about adding a DC

Hi,

In reading
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Joining_a_Samba_DC_to_an_Existing_Active_Directory#Joining_the_Active_Directory_as_a_Domain_Controller
it says "If the other DCs are Samba DCs and were provisioned with
--use-rfc2307, you Should add --option='idmap_ldb:use rfc2307 = yes' to the join command"

So does this mean that rfc2307 should not be used if the other DCs are MS DCs?
Does the answer change if the ultimate goal is to decommission the MS DCs?

In addition, https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Joining_a_Samba_DC_to_an_Existing_Active_Directory#Built-in_User_.26_Group_ID_Mappings
states that "you must Create a hot-backup of the
/usr/local/samba/private/idmap.ldb file on the existing DC:" and import into
the new DC.

If The existing DC is an MS DC, how do I accomplish this step?

The ultimate goal is to migrate from the MS DCs to Samba DC's. I am thinking
I can use robocopy to sync the sysvol as per
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Robocopy_based_SysVol_replication_workaround
during the transition.

Regards,

--