Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2018 14:40:43 +0100
From: Rowland Penny <rpenny@xxxxxxxxx>
To: samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Samba] Permissions

On Sun, 17 Jun 2018 13:27:23 +0000 (UTC)
Thomas Rieff via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Where could i find some info to explain samba file permissions???

Samba doesn't actually have any file permissions, it uses the OS
permissions, but you can use VFS modules to better use them, for
instance 'vfs_accl_xattr' for Windows

> With most of the regular files that are on the server, life is good
> and fairly responsive. We are still using Visual Foxpro databases and
> at first things are responsive, but as time goes on it seems to bog
> down with multiple users...any thoughts are appreciated??? Tom

Without knowing what OS's you are using and how you are running Samba,
it would all be guesswork.