Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] problem map uuid users and group

On Fri, 15 Jun 2018 13:27:30 +0500
Шигапов Денис Вильданович via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> the documentation says
>
> idmap config SAMDOM: backend = ad
> idmap config SAMDOM: schema_mode = rfc2307
> idmap config SAMDOM: range = 10000-999999
> Why the parameter
> idmap config SAMDOM: range = 10000-999999  if the
> guig uuid is defined on the side  AD в Unix Attributes

I think you are asking 'why do I need these lines, If I have added
uidNumber & gidNumber attributes to AD'

You need them because all your users & groups will be ignored (i.e. as
is happening now) by Samba, unless you have them.

You also need the other two lines:

       idmap config * : backend = tdb
       idmap config * : range = 3000-7999

These are required for the 'Well Known SIDs' and anything else outside
the domain.

Also the 'SAMDOM' range must reflect the range of the uidNumber &
gidNumber attributes you have set in AD, any that are outside the range
will be ignored.

You also need to replace 'SAMDOM' with your workgroup name (not your
realm)