Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] NSS and group enumeration in CUPS...

Mandi! L.P.H. van Belle via samba
  In chel di` si favelave...

> So the short version of above is...
> Give a AD user a UID/GID
> Map BUILTIN\Print Operators with SePrivileges

Just done.

> Add the user to lpadmin on the linux server.

Seems the only way.

I've also tried to use pam_group (eg, assign local group to a user based
on other infos), but also pam_group does not ''populate'' NSS group
data, eg 'getent group lpadmin' return empty, so nothing changed.

I think this can also be fired up as bugs agains cups... probably cups
enumerate users in admin group, then check against provided user, while
have to do the convers (enumerate the groups for the user, and check
against admin group).

Right?