Van: samba [mailto:samba-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] Namens
David H. Durgee via samba
Verzonden: donderdag 7 juni 2018 15:35
Aan: Rowland Penny via samba
Onderwerp: Re: [Samba] samba behavior change with version upgrade

Rowland Penny via samba wrote:
On Thu, 7 Jun 2018 07:38:38 -0400
"David H. Durgee via samba" <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Attached please find a zip containing the two smb.conf files with a
suffix identifying their origin.  If you need any additional
information please let me know.

Sorry, this list strips attachments, please post them in a post ;-)

Rowland
I noticed that and sent you an email with the attachment included.
Please inspect them and feel free to post a reply to the list with
excerpts of them as appropriate to the problem I am seeing.
I attached
them as a zip as much of the smb.conf files are comments, and
it would
have resulted in a very long post with only tiny portions relevant to
the discussion.

Dave

My apologies, I had no intent to limit input of others, I simply wanted someone with expertise I don't have to prune the irrelevant content of the two smb.conf files so that only that which might possibly have bearing on the problem would be imposed on the list participants.  These files total over 800 lines, much of which are comments and likely much else of no relevance to this issue.

As Rowland was the only one to respond to my posts to that point, I hoped that he had sufficient interest in the problem to prune the files to their relevant portions.  I will be happy to email copies to anyone else who wishes to inspect the full content of these files.

Perhaps the list owner should consider revision of the attachment policy, as this would have been unnecessary had the attachment remained with the post.  I see little problem with permitting zip files to be attached, but perhaps I am not sufficiently versed or paranoid to make a call on this.

Dave