Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] chrony configuration for secondary samba DC

OK. But according to my best knowledge so far: There is no automatic
fall over of Single-Master roles in Windows Active Directory.
You can only transfer or seize it.
In other words all machines which AD members - always trying to sync
their time with current PDC Emulator even if it is offline, unless you
transfer or seize this role to other DC manually.
On Thu, Jun 7, 2018 at 3:32 PM Rowland Penny via samba
<samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Thu, 7 Jun 2018 15:25:18 +0300
> Alexei Rozenvaser <alexei.roz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > It wasn't particularly Chrony related question. The question applies
> > to Samba DC that not holds PDC emulator FSMO role with any NTP server.
> > On Thu, Jun 7, 2018 at 12:12 PM Rowland Penny via samba
>
> I wasn't entirely sure before, but I am now ;-)
>
> So the answer to your question is: Yes, all DCs should use the PDC
> emulator DC for their time server, but you should also add external
> time servers, just in case the PDC emulator falls over.
>
> Rowland
>

> --

Alexei Rozenvaser